U.S. Energy Information Administration: http://www.eia.gov/countries/
CME Group: http://www.cmegroup.com/rss/
Oil News in Spanish: https://mundopetroleo.com/home
- Jim Cramer: 6 Reasons Why Oil Is Terrible, Right Now 22/08/2019Click to view a price quote on CVX.
- Tesla's Solar Division Under Fire for Roof Blazes at Walmart 21/08/2019Click to view a price quote on TSLA.
- After a Year, Commodities Remain in the Trade War Crossfire 21/08/2019
- Risk in the Market Is Rising -- Are BP, Chevron, Occidental Rare Bargains? 20/08/2019Click to view a price quote on BP.
- Range Resources Shares Energized After Upgrade to Buy at MKM 19/08/2019Click to view a price quote on RRC.
- Economist Perspective: Gold, Oil and Copper: Dancing to Different Drummers 19/08/2019
- OPEC Won't Let On, but Oil's Price Scares the Cartel 19/08/2019Click to view a price quote on XOM.
- Why You Should Buy Pipeline Stock Antero Midstream 13/08/2019Click to view a price quote on AM.
- Are We Heading for a Recession? Let's Check Out Oil and Copper for Clues 13/08/2019
- Occidental Petroleum Drops on Post-Anadarko Downgrade 12/08/2019Click to view a price quote on OXY.
Dubai Mercantile Exchange: Dubai and Oman Crude Oil Prices
World Oil Crude Prices: http://www.eia.gov/finance/markets/spot_prices.cfm
CME Group: Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI) Futures: http://www.eia.gov/finance/markets/spot_prices.cfm
- The battle for Libyan oilNot long ago, we heard of Libya's long drawn path to freedom. Remember Gaddafi and the civilian uprising in the country? The Arab spring, as it swept Libya unsparing the authoritarian Gaddafi regime, promised to have ushered in a new beginning. But eight years on, how is Libya? Well, the country is mercilessly split between […]
- Waking into our new volatile age of oil pricesConsider some recent headlines: "World Bank Warns Of Extreme Volatility In Oil Markets", "International Energy Agency Head: Oil markets are entering an era of unprecedented volatility" and "Oil prices spike, stocks plummet as uncertainty roils global markets - Washington Post" . All was calm when I predicted in February 2018 at oil-price.net […]
- 4 oil price predictions for 2019Last year, we gave out five blazing predictions as we stepped into a brand new 2018. And, how did we fare? Well, the year isn't new anymore but we did get 5 out of 5 of our predictions right! Self-congratulations are in order reaffirming why you read us. For 2019, really it's more of the […]
- Saudi Arabia steps backwards despite high oil pricesFor a nation, what's a year? Well, in the timing of the bigger picture, not much. Still, a year can cast its shadows long and fast. Essentially, as I was analyzing the ebb and flow of oil prices the past year, I couldn't but reflect on the changes a year can make. A year ago, […]
- Iran tensions to send oil price past $150 - againAfter scaling a three-year high of $79 a barrel, oil prices fell taking a nine percent drop on the back of better supplies, resumption of Libyan oil production and increased Saudi oil output. But the reversal began soon enough with the prices climbing back. Plenty of reasons? Let's say a single one - sanctions on […]
- Sanctions and oil pricesEver heard of harmony in oil prices? Recently, Brent crude oil hovered near the $80 mark, the maximum since November 2014. So it goes. Oil prices are on a rage, riding on a more than three-year high. The increase in prices comes on the backdrop of geopolitical tensions and sanctions tightening the supple oil market. […]
- Is Volatility in Oil Price on the Way, Again ?Experts say that you shouldn't look at your pension investments too often as you might make unwise decisions. I don't follow this advice. The reason that I'm drawn to tending my pension spreadsheet weekly, if not daily, is two-fold. First, I'm told by professionals who read the tea leaves on this sort of thing that […]
- 5 Oil Price Predictions for 2018It is the time of the year again for our highly anticipated oil price related predictions for 2018. As our millions of faithful readers are aware, we have a rather impressive track record -from predicting the formation of ISIS to the crash of oil prices; from presenting Trump's potential oil policies to the forecast of […]
- Stable oil prices herald sea change for Strategic Petroleum ReserveStrategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) is a repository of crude oil for emergency purposes built primarily in countries dependent on oil imports. Stored in four deep underground salt caverns along Texas and Louisiana Gulf coasts, SPR in the US is the world's largest. Its intended purpose is to cushion against sudden shocks in the oil market. […]
- Impact of Hurricanes on oil pricesHarvey, making landfall as a Category 4 hurricane, battered southeast Texas a few days ago. Though downgraded to a tropical storm later on, it left a trail of massive destruction including loss of lives, in its wake. With many parts receiving more than fifty inches of rain, Houston, the fourth largest city in the US, […]